Here’s an incredibly easy caramel sauce recipe!
Easy vegan caramel sauce recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar (sugar in the raw or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- Heat your milk or microwave it for one minute.
- Pour sugar into a non-stick pan.
- Leave it to melt on high heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- When the sugar is completely melted lower the heat (to medium heat) and pour milk while vigorously stirring. You wouldn’t want the sugar to start solidifying so you need to keep stirring.
- When the milk is fully incorporated with the sugar and the mixture becomes a sauce move it away from heat. When it cools it becomes somewhat thicker but it’ll still have a sauce consistency.
- Serve when cool.
I used low fat rice milk, but you can use any type of non-dairy milk you like. Also if you like your sauce to be less liquidy don’t add that much milk.