Here’s an incredibly easy caramel sauce recipe!
Easy Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- Warm up your milk or microwave it for one minute.
- Pour sugar into a non-stick pan.
- Leave it to melt on high heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- When the sugar is completely melted lower the heat (to medium heat) and pour milk while vigorously stirring. You wouldn’t want the sugar to start solidifying, so you need to keep stirring.
- When the milk is fully incorporated with the sugar and the mixture becomes a sauce move it away from heat. When it cools it becomes somewhat thicker but it’ll still have a sauce consistency.
- Serve when cool.
I use low fat rice milk but you can use any type of non-dairy milk. Also, if you like your sauce to be thicker, don’t add that much milk.