Vegan comfort food is usually overly processed and often expensive. I found a way to make a DELICIOUS mug cake in just under an hour. It’s very simple and easy to make. You don’t need oil or milk; not even plant-based milk to make it, you won’t need eggs either. Ha!
The ingredients of this vegan coconut mug cake are quite easy to find too. They’re also relatively low in fat.
The Texture is fluffy. People who aren’t plant-based won’t be able to tell it’s a vegan mug cake. It’s very yummy and tastes very satisfying as the flour-vanilla-coconut combination mimics that of a cake that is high in fat.
The only downside to this coconut mug cake is that you’d want to eat more right after you finish eating one. So be careful! 😉
Vegan Coconut Mug Cake
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 8 large dates, medjool
- Chop dates into small pieces.
- In a large bowl add wheat flour, coconut and baking powder and thoroughly mix them together.
- Add chopped dates, applesauce, vanilla and water to the bowl and mix them until they're fully incorporated with each other. Don't mix too much though because if you do your cake will probably not be fluffy.
- Add 4 heaping tablespoons of the batter into a mug, shake it a bit and place it into the microwave. Let it bake for 4-6 minutes (depending on your microwave). Do let it bake more if it's not done by then.