Curry Potato Risotto
- 1 cup rice
- 1 large potato
- 4, 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- Peel and finely chop potatoes, toss into pot, and add 1 cup of water.
- Bring it to the boil then let it simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to the boil and then stir around.
- Leave it to cook over low heat for 25-30 minutes or until rice is mushy.
- Remove bay leaf.
- If after 30 minutes it isn't done (fully cooked) add some more water (it depends on how ready it is, plus this is a risotto so a little water doesn't do any harm).