This curry vegetable stew is easy to make. It’s one of my go-to recipes when I’m just not in the mood to prepare an elaborate dish. It has many variations but this list of ingredients is my favorite so far. I originally learned this recipe from my mom. It’s a Middle Eastern dish called Yakhnet Khodra. It reminds me so much of airplane food. I once had something similar while being on a plane and it was really yummy. I’ve experimented with adding certain seasonings to it and I finally figured out what makes it taste really good. And this is where I share the recipe with you!
Vegan Curry Vegetable Stew Recipe
- 3 medium potatoes
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 cup chopped spring onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch salt (to taste)
- 2 cups water
- 1- Peel and cut potatoes into medium-sized pieces and dump them into a pot.
- 2- Chop up tomatoes and add to pot.
- 3- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix them all together.
- 4- Place pot on the stove and bring to the boil.
- 5- Let it simmer over low heat for 30-45 minutes or until the liquid becomes gooey and the potatoes mushy.
- Note: Gently stir every once in a while.
- 6- Serve.