I came up with this hearty vegetable soup recipe when I was craving something savory and creamy at the same time. I remember the first time I made it I ate so much of it that it made me feel like I was never going to eat it again. Luckily, it wasn’t the only time that I prepared this soup. You can omit the peas and carrots if you’d like and/or add other vegetables, it’d still be delicious.
Vegan Hearty Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup diced frozen carrots
- 1 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onion
- 4 cups water ((divided))
- 3/4 cup oats ((I used whole oats but you can use any kind))
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1 pinch salt (to taste)
In a pot pour 3 cups of water.
Add corn, peas, carrot, garlic powder, black pepper and all spice, and bring it to the boil.
Let it cook for 5 minutes over high heat.
Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
Let it cook for about 8 minutes over high heat while stirring.
If it’s still soggy that’s alright because the oats will eventually soak up the water.
- You can also add more water or oats depending on how liquidy or thick you’d like the consistency of your soup to be.