This Low Fat Vegan Omelette Pancake recipe is one of those experimental recipes that amaze you when you first taste test them. This has become one of my favorite recipes of all time. The beauty of it is that you can pretty much add or omit various kinds of vegetables. These don’t exactly taste like regular omelettes or pancakes but they are so delicious and nutritious without all the empty calories!
I made a sauce for this specific recipe and it turned out great. It’s very easy to prepare. All you need is low sodium tomato paste, water, onion powder, garlic power and red chili powder. You mix them all together and serve it with these low fat vegan omelette pancakes.
Low Fat Vegan Omelette Pancake recipe
- 1 cup besan flour (chickpea flour)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon sliced black olives (optional)
- 4-6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl add besan flour and water. Mix well, cover and let it sit for an hour or so.
- Chop tomato, onion and garlic. Add parsley and black olives and mix them together. Set them aside for now.
- Add tomato paste, salt, pepper and turmeric to the besan flour batter after you let it sit for an hour and give them a good stir.
- Now add the chopped vegetables to the besan flour batter and mix everything together.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Cover an oven-safe tray with parchment paper.
- With a deep spoon or cup pour your batter onto the tray and shape it into circular pancake shapes.
- Place your tray into the center of your oven and let them bake for 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked and not soggy anymore. Do flip them over half way through.