Vegan Pizza Recipe
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (ground flaxseeds)
- 5 table spoons water
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 pinch salt ((to taste))
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 150 g low salt tomato paste (or 5-6 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground oregano
- 1 pinch dry ground rosemary
- 1 pinch dry ground basil
- 8-10 medium button mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
Thoroughly mix flaxseed meal with 5 table spoons of water until it becomes a relatively thick mixture and let it sit for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl mix flour, yeast, flaxseed mixture and salt.
Add water and mix until it becomes a dough.
- (Adjust flour and water measurements according to texture of dough; if it’s too sticky add more flour, if it’s too crumbly add a little more water).
You want the dough to be non-sticky, not crumbly and has a somewhat smooth surface.
Knead dough for a few minutes, form it into a ball and place it back into the bowl.
Cover dough and leave it on the counter-top (somewhere warm) for one hour.
While waiting for the dough to rise you can prepare your sauce and topping. Mix all ingredients of sauce together in a separate bowl.
Chop all topping ingredients and leave them in a another ball.
When dough is finally ready preheat oven to 400 F.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Take out dough, knead it in your hands and place it onto tray.
Spread out dough in the tray.
Place tray into the oven and let it bake for 10 minutes.
Take out crust and apply sauce and topping onto it.
Put it back into the oven this time for 10-20 minutes, or until crust is crispy (you can check by cutting into it).