Hummus is one of the most famous spreads out there. What’s great about it is that you can pretty much add different ingredients to it to make it more flavorful and make different kinds of hummus. This spicy tomato hummus recipe is extremely easy but you need to have these ingredients on hand, of course. That said, don’t forget to get some bread, cucumbers and carrots to eat with it. Enjoy!
Spicy Tomato Hummus Recipe
- 1 large tomato
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (cooked chickpeas)
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground sesame seeds (or tahini paste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 pinch salt
Preheat your oven to 200 F. Wash the tomato and place in an oven-safe dish lined with parchment paper. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes. You can substitute this step by cooking the tomato in the microwave for 5 minutes or so or until soft.
- Peel the tomato.
- Toss all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until smooth.