So one day I was craving cauliflower and dip at the same time and I thought to myself, “why not come up with a cauliflower dip recipe?!” This is basically the product of my craving and imagination. Be warned though, it’s SO GOOD! I have it as a spread (onto bread or crackers) or as a dip with baked fries. Here’s my Thick Spicy Cauliflower Dip!
Thick Spicy Cauliflower Dip Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry chickpeas
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1- Rinse and soak chickpeas overnight.
- 2- Toss soaked chickpeas, cauliflower and garlic in a pot and add water to them.
- 3- Bring that to the boil, cover the pot and let it simmer over medium heat for 45-60 minutes or until mushy.
- 4- Toss the cooked ingredients, the remaining water in the pot, and the rest of the ingredients into a blender or a food processor and process all of them together.
- You might want to stop and scrape the sides of the blender or food processor so everything is processed. Keep doing that until you get a dip. Add a little more water if you want a thinner dip.
- 5- Serve.